Is it sale time? Phew! You made it! There are two ways to check in as a seller—Standard Check-In and Valet Check-In.
But, First Things First…
Prepping Non-Clothing Items
Place non-clothing items in disposable bags or ones you do not expect to get back (i.e. larger paper or plastic shopping bags, please reserve boxes for fragile and heavy items such as books, etc.)
Number bags accordingly for smooth check-in.
- Shoes, Backpacks, Purses (cleats go with shoes)
- Kids Accessories, Belts, Underwear, Socks, Training Pants
- Winter/Sun Hats, Mittens, Hair Accessories, Gloves
- Sheets, Blankets, Pottery Barn Bedding, Room Décor, Room Accessories
- Infant Goods / Gear: Feeding, Infant Blankets, Home Safety, Crib Accessories, Car Seat Accessories, Onesies, Sleepers, Diaper Bags
- Electronics, DVD / BluRay, CD, Etc.
- Puzzles, Games, Crafts
- Seasonal Accessories: Halloween / Easter/ Summer Pool Toys / Life Jackets
- Sporting Goods (sports / training pants should be grouped with clothing)
Clothing MUST be bundled with a rubber band at the top of the hanger; grouped separately by size and gender. Up to ~25 items per bundle. Bundling with rubber bands is an integral part of the inspection process as well as making flooring clothing quicker.
Standard Check-In Procedure
- Arriving at scheduled check-in time, sellers place non-clothing items in the designated areas based on the numbering system (#1-11) and hang your rubber banded groupings of clothes by size & gender.
- Unload items packaged #1 – #9 into the lobby. Drive around to back door to check-in large toy items and furniture and sporting goods bag #10. Then proceed to garage door to unload clothing and books bag/box #11 .
- Once unloaded, park your car, return to the venue to complete check-in by putting all of your bags in the appropriate area on the sale floor – KidStuff team will provide direction. Lastly, put out your clothing, books (#11) and shoes (#1).
- While we do have rolling racks and carts, we cannot guarantee they will be available so we recommend you bring your own device to carry your items.
- Clothing will be placed on the racks in the correct section by gender & size STILL IN GROUPS WITH THE RUBBER BANDS ON THE HANGERS. This is very important as it helps to facilitate our inspection process.
- When you are done putting items in appropriate areas, you will check-in at the table by the entrance. Make sure you have electronically signed your seller agreement.
Valet Check-In Procedure
Valet is available to sellers who have earned this incentive based on high sell through from a previous sale or sellers have chosen the donate all option when entering items. Space is limited.
There are two ways to take advantage of the Valet Check-In:
- Mark ALL items DONATE .
- Earn this service through a high sell-through rate in the previous sale.
- Arrive at the venue at your selected check-in appointment time. You do not need to get out of the car – you will pull up to the venue entrance where we will unload your car and then we will place all your items on the sales floor for you!
- You MUST bundle your clothes with rubber bands; grouped separately by size and gender. You will be required to remove trash bags and install rubber bands prior to acceptance if this is not properly completed or fees may be assessed.
- Write the category # on the outside of each box/bag. Items are inspected as they are placed on the sale floor. You must have all items properly bagged and marked prior to acceptance or fees may be assessed.
KidStuff Quality Standards
It is the seller’s responsibility to make sure all KidStuff Sale standards are met, items will removed from the sale floor, negatively affecting sell through rate and fees may be assessed based on floor managers discretion.