KidStuff Sale utilizes My Consignment Manager (MyCM) to allow you to electronically enter all of your items, print your tags, and manage your inventory. The cost of using this system is included in your registration fee.
Benefits to you:
- Easy to use
- Electronically enter your tags from any computer, tablet or phone with internet access
- Calculate your potential sales
- Print lists of your sold and unsold inventory
- Print an itemized donation list (unsold items) for your taxes
- Transfer unsold items from one KidStuff Sale to another without retagging
- View sold items before picking up unsold items and receiving payment
- Access begins when you register for a sale
Our Tagging Tips
Please make sure your tags are not blurry or smeared. You should be able to see white space between the barcode lines. Use a barcode reader app on our smartphone to test your tags before check-in. Often draft or fine printing works best especially if you have a new ink cartridge. Barcodes that don’t scan have to be manually entered which slows down the lines substantially.
The Copy Palace (owner Robert Lampton) is a 15+ year partner of KidStuff Sale to print tags and has amazing pricing for us! Just email your tag PDF to: email@example.com and tags can be picked up Mon–Fri, 9am – 4pm. We recommend calling before you head over.
The Copy Palace
10478 Bluegrass Parkway
Louisville, KY 40299
There are two types of tags that can be used:
- Full Tag: Print 8 / Page
- Hold Item Tag: (Large Item) Prints 2 / Page
- These should be used for items that cannot be carried to the hold area, items that don’t fit into an IKEA bag or items valued $20+ that you wish to have secured at the high value area near the registers.
- Keep both parts of the tag intact
Creating Barcode Tags
Detailed information is beneficial in the case that a tag falls off an item. (NOTE: Power Tagging is an option for those who do not wish to enter details.)
- Organize your items into groups by type: toys, clothing, equipment, etc. Sort all clothing by gender, type, and size. Sorting before entering items will save you time, as you’ll only have to re-enter the price and description for each new item. Item categories remain the same until you change them.
- Enter your items into MyCM through the Manage Inventory tab.
- Fill out as much detail as possible in the ”Brand” field, starting with the brand, and use all characters available in this field. Continue to use the “Description” field to provide brief details about each item. Include brand (i.e. Gymboree, Lands End), size (i.e. 18-24m, Youth), then other descriptions (i.e. color, style, dimensions, # of pieces). The detailed information helps with security, placing your items in the appropriate areas of the sales floor, and locating items with lost tags.
- Size your items appropriately, so they are placed in the best area for buyers to see. Clothing is organized by gender and size. The size field does not offer ranges, items should go into the smaller size of the range if your item has a range. (For example, sizes 10-12 should be tagged as a size 10.)
- Edit your tags through the Manage Inventory tab. Here you can print inventory reports, edit groups of or individual items.
- Print tags any time you want: in intervals or all at once when you finish entering your items. Print tags only on white cover stock or cardstock 67 lb. weight or heavier. If the cardstock is too thin, it will easily tear away from the item. Colored and textured cardstock makes scanning difficult.
- Check your tags to make sure the barcode is clear and is not excessively dark. (The ‘normal’ setting is best to use when printing.)
- Each item must have a unique barcode item # – never reprint a barcode tag page. Sellers are paid once per barcode item #.